Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Flower Tutorial

Now, before I start..  I don't blog nearly as well as my sister Lota.  She's the best when it comes to 'writing' anything.  So, I apologize if I'm a bore when it comes to my posts, lol.  On the side bar it gives you an idea as to what I love most.  I love to thrift shop!  I can spend hours at a thrift store looking through everything.  As you all know, the color Coral is really in right now.  I've looked at fabric stores to try and find this fabric to make flowers out of, but didn't like the asking price.  While thrifting I spotted a worn down, button up shirt.  It's silk, and had really nice buttons (Buttons can be pretty expensive, especially the nice ones.).  I looked at the price, and it was $2!  Did I say how much I love thrift stores?! 
Below is a picture of the shirt, and one of my flowers.  I found a tutorial on YouTube for this flower, you can find the link here.  In this tutorial she advices to use elastic thread, but I didn't have any on hand.  So, I used regular thread and it worked just the same.  I added some lace, a pearl to the center, and hot glued them to some felt.  Then, I hot glued it to some elastic lace and there you have it, a cute little headband for your little one.  You don't have to attach it to a headband, you can also hot glue it to a hair clip as well.   
Hope this was helpful!

No comments:

Post a Comment